Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Blog 1 – Senior Final Lesson/Interview Reflection





1.  What three lessons were most helpful for you to see, and why?


  • The three lessons that were the most helpful for me to see, were the Thai Restaurant Management, Teaching Elementary, and No-Kill Animal Shelters. I found all of these helpful in different ways. With the Thai Restaurant Management presentation I learned just how much people deal with in the culinary business. Also I learned about some of the benefits that can come from my mentor. With the presentation on teaching elementary, I learned how I can and want to set up my activity. Lastly, what I learned in the no-kill animal shelters presentation was how I can set up my actual presentation and an option for what I can do for my topic.  


2. List one thing that you learned about the senior project in interviews that will help you get off to a good start?
  • I asked several questions to my seniors about the project. All of their responses were very helpful. But the one that helped me is the question I had about finding and volunteering with my mentor. I learned that while it is important to keep in contact with my mentor, it is not a problem if I cannot see my mentor very often. I need to gather the fifty hours of community service but it is in the amount of nine months or until I start the project which is actually this summer. So I know that I can start off early and even though it doesn't count toward the time during the year I know it can add a boost in the final grade. 
3. What topic(s) are you considering, and why?
  • I'm considering two topics, education and something in the field of an obstetrician. I got interested in the field of education because of my middle school math teacher. I enjoyed the way he taught and I learned a lot from him and still use some of the methods he taught me. I would like to go back and visit him to understand how and why he teaches the way he does. I would like to take a look in the field of an obstetrician because I have always had a soft spot for babies and children. And it is also a possible career interest. I would like to learn about it and become familiar with field. 
4. What EQ do you think might be interesting to consider in guiding a project like this? (Please don't worry about any sort of formula...we want this question to come from your genuine interest).
  • What is the most efficient way of getting students to retain what they learned?
  • What is the best way to ensure a safe development and delivery for a mother to be?
5. What are some ideas you have about finding summer mentorship
  • I have several connections that can help me find a mentor this summer. I have talked with my old teacher and asked if he would be willing to be my mentor for when he begins to go back to school and set up his lesson plans and classroom. His school year starts about a month before I-poly's school year begins. And if I were to choose to mentor with an obstetrician I could ask my aunt (who is a nurse) if I could help around in her clinic and if I could mentor with her doctor. I would have to get the permission of both of them of course.

1 comment:

  1. Idalia,

    I look forward to talking to you more about your project. Obviously I know a bit more about teaching than about the medical field but I'm excited to talk about both.

    Mr. Holt - Physics

    ReplyDelete