Thursday, January 7, 2016

Blog 13: 10 Hour Mentorship Check-In



1.   Where are you doing your mentorship?


  • I am completing my mentorship at Sparks Middle School located in La Puente. (15100 E Giordano St, La Puente, CA 91744)
2.   Who is your contact?  What makes this person an expert?

  • My contact is Mr. Roberto Alvarado. He has been a teacher for over 10 years, with experience on teaching different grade levels.
3.   How many  hours have you done during the school year? (Summer Mentorship Hours and Mentorship Hours should be reflected separately in your Senior Project Hours log located on the right hand side of your blog).

  • I have done as of January 7th I have completed 35 hours and 35 minutes with my mentor excluding my summer hours. I am including my independent component hours, I just need to separate the hours.
4.   Succinctly summarize what you did, how well you and your mentor worked together, and how you plan to complete the remaining hours.

  • Every time I go into mentorship I start off by sitting and doing service learning by watching how my mentor teaches his class either science or math. After that I stay in after school and tutor some of the students that stay after school so that I get a feel of what teaching could feel like. 
EQ: What is the best way to ensure that middle school students retain what they learn in class?

No comments:

Post a Comment