Monday, January 4, 2016

Blog 12: Holiday Project Update



1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you do over the break with your senior project?
  • Right before we got off for break I was able to squeeze in two hours into my mentorship volunteer hours. Over the break I was able to read sections of a book my mentor had lent me. It was called "The Structure of Schooling: Readings in the Sociology of Education."
2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did, and why?  What was the source of what you learned?
  • The most important thing I learned from what I did over the break was I saw what kind of material students studying to become teachers read and it gave me an idea of what to expect if I were to take classes such as the ones my mentor took.
3.  Your third interview will be a 10 question interview related to possible answers for your EQ. Who do you plan to talk to and why?

  • I plan on talking/interviewing  one of the other teachers from Sparks (where I go for mentorship) whether it be a teacher teaching the same thing to the same grade or an eighth grade math teacher teaching. This is because a seventh grade teacher would be teaching the same students I'm working with when I'm with my mentor. But on the other hand if I interviewed an eighth grade teacher it would give me a different perspective of students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment